Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm The Big Brother



Andy is very proud of his new role as big brother. He can't get enough of his baby sister. We frequently hear "I need to kiss baby Sammy", "What baby Sammy doing (usually heard during feedings)?", "Hi baby Sammy!", "I need to hold baby Sammy...all done." It has been a lot of fun watching him interact with his new little sister over the last few days.



Sammy continues to be a very good baby and we hope that continues..one colicky baby in a lifetime is enough. We took her to the doctor today for her weight check (the same one that resulted in a NICU admission for her brother). She passed with flying colors weighing in at 5#10oz. This is up two ounces from two days ago when she was discharged from the hospital. She is already showing up her big brother!



Since Sammy is still a little on the small size, she has been borrowing her brother's preemie clothes until she grows into her own. I think she pulls off the rescue vehicle gowns pretty well.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh we could have brought you some preemie clothes.....if I just knew where they were. I'll look.